Easy2Convert PNG to DDS
Easy2Convert PNG to DDS (png2dds) is a small freeware utility for converting Portable Network Graphics files (.png) to DirectDraw Surface files/textures (.dds) easily and quickly. The converter saves result DDS file with alpha-transparency (if any) and mipmap levels.
Easy2Convert PNG to DDS will be useful if you often need to convert Portable Network Graphics files (.png) to DirectDraw Surface files (.dds). This is a free image converter that can be used by regular users who work with png images and dds textures.
- Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8
- Less than 3 Mb of free space on hard disk
Download Easy2Convert PNG to DDS (2.0 Mb, freeware) now!
What's new in 1.5
- Better configuration layout
- Better conversion process
- Other improvements & bug-fixes
Run an installer/unzip all files to any folder and run the executable file (usually, "png2dds.exe").
- Select a png-file to convert
- Select an output folder dds-file will be saved into
- Click the "Convert!" button
How to convert PNG to DDS via command-line
This image conversion freeware has a built-in command-line support which allows you to convert PNG to DDS in shell/cmd as a .bat-script or service, supplying appropriate command-line parameters. To do so just follow this simple syntax: png2dds.exe -i <input file> -o <output folder>
Easy2Convert - convert everything!